wxPythonMeticy: A release to PyPI of the latest master branch code

I need an up-to-date version of wxPython in PyPI as a dependency for my project. I also need this version to have couple of bug fixes and features that I have submitted but are still in the PR state but not yet merged in.

So I went ahead and released to PyPI with a new name wxPythonMeticy from my github fork.

I created this because I need it. But I am offering it here as an alternative to the nightly snapshot builds for those that need a bleeding edge wxPython and prefer or need the convenience of PyPI at the expense of not being an official release.

I am uploading wheels for MSW 64 and 32 and Mac, but only for Python 3.11 and 3.12 --This is a bleeding edge release after all–. I plan to release manylinux wheels too, but so far I have failed to create truly portable ones as discussed at Linux wheels with manylinux2010 - #22 by jmoraleda

I do not intend wxPythonMeticy to diverge from the official wxPython repo. In fact quite the opposite, I intend to rebase to master frequently and once all my PR’s are merged in, it will just be a mirror.

5 Likes

Thanks for providing this build of current wxPython. When I pip install wxpythonmeticy, and then try to import wx, I get the error:

ImportError: dynamic module does not define module export function (PyInit__core)

I’m on a mac M3, running python 3.12.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Does installing the official wheel from the snapshot builds work for you? If so, which exact file? I can try to see what is different.

Perhaps this old discussion may help as well. In particular this comment by Robin.