wxPython Phoenix To Web

Hi wxPython team, I have multiple wxPython projects that I export to an .exe for my clients using pyinstaller. It would be nice if I could export it to the web as website that I can run on Heroku. DigitalOcean or AWS because I do want to scale.

Is there anyway to convert a wxPython project to html and have the logic run in the backend?

Looking forward to hearing some thoughts.

Hello @Jacob_Amaral, :slight_smile:

I was waiting for someone more knowledgeable to answer, but here’s what I know (and my thoughts):

wxPython is a desktop GUI toolkit for Windows, Linux and Mac. So, I don’t believe the web is a target for wxpython (correct me if I am wrong).

Your “solution” may be to just convert your wxPython GUI to html yourself and, if you have a decent separation of logic from the gui, re-use the backend logic (probably with at least some modification) for the server-side code.

Honestly though, I would personally like to do what you are describing myself :laughing: (if I understood your question correctly), but there is no way that I am aware of to do that directly with wxpython.