I’m pleased to announce the availability of release 1.0.0 of the wxGlade GUI builder.
Please download from the Sourceforge page or clone the git repository.
The changes compared to 0.9:
Besides many improvements in usability, code generation and widget support, version 1.0.0 is also a major internal refactoring of the main data structure and how widgets in the Design window are created / updated / destroyed.
- sizers only required where wx requires them; not required e.g. for Frame->Panel (used to be Frame->Sizer->Panel)
- better handling of display updates when properties are edited
- accessibility and usability improvements
- Dialog example
- documentation update
- all: separate class related properties into Class / Base Classes / Instance Class
- Dialog: add StdDialogButtonSizer and standard buttons (stock items); support SetAffirmativeId, SetEscapeId
- Button: support for image direction
- MenuBar: support lambda event handlers
- GridBagSizer: indicate overlapped slots in the Tree view
- no separation into __set_properties/__do_layout any more
- support for instantiation classes
- internal structures refactored
- add shell window and Tree Printer
The documentation includes a tutorial that is also suitable for people who have not been using wxPython before.
A snapshot of the included documentation is available here: http://wxglade.sourceforge.net/docs/index.html
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,