Unable to install wxPython 2.8.12.1

Hi I am unable to install the wxPython. After downloading if I try to run the installer package I am getting the error shown in the attached screenshot. kindly help.

Regards,

Mastan

wxPythonInstallationIssue.jpeg

In a nutshell, the old Installer tech used in wxPython Classic is not compatible with new macOS security.

Is there a reason you are not using a newer version of wxPython? wxPython 4.x uses standard Python wheels for the binaries, instead of platform specific installer packages, and it’s much easier and more flexible for using it multiple environments, etc.

If you need a Classic version then you may want to try this one: https://wxpython.org/Phoenix/other/wxPython3.0-osx-3.0.3.0.b20160914-cocoa-py2.7.dmg It will be more compatible with 2.8.12.1 than wxPython 4.x will be, and it was built using a newer installer format so it can probably be made to work with newer versions of macOS. It’s not officially supported however, and there will not be any newer builds of Classic unless somebody else takes on the responsibility for that.

···

On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 11:45:39 AM UTC-8, mohamed tippu mastan wrote:

Hi I am unable to install the wxPython. After downloading if I try to run the installer package I am getting the error shown in the attached screenshot. kindly help.

Robin