Skinning the wxPython app

Good day,

I've developed some toolset in wxPython and now I need it to deliver to users. Users want to make mine application look a bit different thatn the default system theme is.

I knwo that wxPython uses wxWidgets which is built on top of the syste widgets. But is there any possibility for creating the skin for mine app. i.e. to provide the application with different colors, with different fonts. But I don't want to make it via customizing each control mine application has (i.e. when creating those, I can create different styles). And simply create some style-sheet and then load it as the default with application (like the QT4 can do)

Is there such possibility ??

Best regards,
Ilya Dyoshin

Ilya Dyoshin wrote:

Good day,

I've developed some toolset in wxPython and now I need it to deliver to users. Users want to make mine application look a bit different thatn the default system theme is.

I knwo that wxPython uses wxWidgets which is built on top of the syste widgets. But is there any possibility for creating the skin for mine app. i.e. to provide the application with different colors, with different fonts. But I don't want to make it via customizing each control mine application has (i.e. when creating those, I can create different styles). And simply create some style-sheet and then load it as the default with application (like the QT4 can do)

Is there such possibility ??

Some implementations of skinning wx apps have been done in the past, but I don't think any of them made it to wide-spread use. Since the widgets used are native, we don't have a whole lot of control over their look and feel. (Which in most cases is a good thing.)

ยทยทยท

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman
http://wxPython.org Java give you jitters? Relax with wxPython!