I mainly just wanted to get advice on whether the Skia graphics engine or Cairo is better for usage with wxpython. By, better, I mean faster, easier to implement into a wxpython window with events, etc and longevity.
From my research, I can see:
- Cairo has been around quite awhile and used in many projects (though pycairo not so much)
- wxPython has integration for Cairo already as per wx.lib
- Skia seems to be faster and uses the GPU (if I am not mistaken). This is probably the most compelling reason I see to use it over cairo.
- Skia aso has a more relaxed license and is mostly maintained by Google (that could be a good or bad thing, depending on how you look at it)
- Skia doesn’t seem to have integration with wxpython (yet)?
Anyone have experience with these libraries + wxpython? I would esp. like to hear about Skia + wxpython and how that kind of integration would/could work. Thanks!