Sizer is ok on wxpython 4.1.1, but not on 4.1.2a

Hi all,

the checkbox list doesn’t display fine on python 3.10 and wxpython 4.1.2a1, but display as desired on python 3.8 and wxpython 4.1.1.

See attached file please :
sizer-test-0.py (2.2 KB)

What is wrong with my code ?

Thank you for any help

Screenshot_wrong-behaviour

to be more clear, here is the wrong behaviour I get : the window in its bottom part is incomplete, it is cutted from the rest of the list I should obtain…

What platform is this? On Windows I get the correct behaviour: with scroll bars:
grafik

To make it clear: your design is not determined.
Both behaviors are correct, but the one I see on Windows is the most accurate: it’s fitting the scrolled window. It’s then your responsibility to make the dialog the required size in that case, as the scrolled window is allowed to shrink. wx does not know whether you want to maximize the size of the window or not.

Anyway, this dialog is very non-standard. If you wan to scroll the list, still keep the buttons fixed at the bottom.

And: make the dialog resizable. The fixed size is a problem here.

Try the attached example. This behaves well for me with all wx versions.
grafik
2022-04-30_Sizer_412.py (3.7 KB) 2022-04-30_Sizer_412.zip (1.1 KB)

Regards,
Dietmar

Thank you Dietmar for your expertise, I will change my mind and work on your advice.

The point is that this same code I give you used to run perfectly on previous versions of wxPython and Python (Windows 7/8/10, Debian 11/10/9, OpenSuse Leap 15.3/15.2/15, Ubuntu 20.04/18.04, Mint 20/19, Fedora 35/34/33, ElementaryOS 6/5, Mageia 8/7, OpenMandriva 4.3/4.2).

But since I tested it on Ubuntu 22.04, python 3.10 and wxPython 4.1.2a, I noticed this change of behavior, that I never had before…

That is why I want to point at this strange change of running nevertheless.

Have a nice evening :slight_smile: