PIP install issues with Windows

All,
I am having issues using PIP to install any packages on my windows 8.1 pc. I have Python 3.4 installed and pip comes with it. pip prompts me to upgrade to the latest version when I try to use it. However, I encounter the same ‘Permission Denied’ error when trying to upgrade pip. Have searched a little the stock response to the problem is that I need to run the program as Administrator to resolve it, problem is that my account has Aministrator rights and it still does not work.
I have logged and downloaded the following with the -v --log flags on the command line.
Would really appreciate it if there is an answer to this, as it is frustrating my attempts to download and install some interesting new python packages.
many thanks
Log OutPut

···

_###################################################################
You are using pip version 6.0.8, however version 7.1.2 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the ‘pip install --upgrade pip’ command.
Getting page https://pypi.python.org/simple/pip/
Starting new HTTPS connection (1): pypi.python.org
“GET /simple/pip/ HTTP/1.1” 200 2360
URLs to search for versions for pip in c:\program files (x86)\python\python34\lib\site-packages:

This is really a pip issue, so you should ask on their list.

Did you run the command in a "Command Prompt (Admin)" or in a normal "Command Prompt"?

Werner

···

On 8/23/2015 15:38, David Mansfield wrote:

All,

I am having issues using PIP to install any packages on my windows 8.1 pc. I have Python 3.4 installed and pip comes with it. pip prompts me to upgrade to the latest version when I try to use it. However, I encounter the same 'Permission Denied' error when trying to upgrade pip. Have searched a little the stock response to the problem is that I need to run the program as Administrator to resolve it, problem is that my account has Aministrator rights and it still does not work.

I have logged and downloaded the following with the -v --log flags on the command line.

Would really appreciate it if there is an answer to this, as it is frustrating my attempts to download and install some interesting new python packages.

many thanks

1 Like

The most effective method to Install Pip With Get-Pip.Py
To physically introduce pip on Windows, you will require a duplicate of get-pip.py. For more established Python adaptations, you might have to utilize the suitable rendition of the document from pypa.org. Download the record to an envelope on your PC, or utilize the twist order:

Then, run the accompanying order to introduce pip:
python get-pip.py
On the off chance that the document isn’t found, you might have to initially explore to the catalog containing the get-pip.py record. On establishment, you should see something almost identical to the accompanying:

Introducing gathered bundles: pip, setuptools, wheel
The content wheel.exe is introduced in ‘C:Python33Scripts’ which isn’t on PATH.
Consider adding this registry to PATH or then again, assuming you like to smother this advance notice, use - - no-caution script-area.
Effectively introduced pip-10.0.1 setuptools-39.2.0 wheel-0.29.0
This order will likewise introduce setuptools and wheel in the event that they are not currently introduced. Setuptools is a set-up of arrangement upgrades to the Python distutils that works with building Python appropriations. It is expected to introduce source conveyances, or “sdists,” a dispersion design that gives the metadata and source records required for instruments like pip.

Confirm that pip is introduced by running the past order to actually take a look at the form. Explore to the establishment area (C:Python33Scripts as a matter of course) and run:
pip - - rendition

For More Visit: Python Training in Pune