pdfviewer exceptions if no file loaded

Thanks for reporting this issue. As the author of Pdfviewer my only plea in mitigation is that in the application from which this stand-alone viewer was extracted, unlike the demo, the viewer and its associated button panel does not get instantiated until a pdf file has been specified.

I have modified the button panel so all the controls are initially disabled until a PDF file has been specified and loaded and I’m creating a pull request to wxWidgets/Phoenix.

David Hughes
Forestfield Software

···

On Thursday, 18 August 2016 22:21:41 UTC+1, luvspython wrote:

I’m using Python 2.7 and wxPython 3.0.3.dev2323+9bcccff on Windows 10

Pdfviewer creates exceptions in viewer.py when any button is clicked on buttonpanel.py if no PDF file has been loaded yet.

The change has now been accepted into Phoenix and is available in the snapshot build wxPython-Phoenix-3.0.3.dev2470+4ca8c3e

David Hughes
Forestfield Software

···

On Monday, 22 August 2016 10:24:21 UTC+1, David Hughes wrote:

On Thursday, 18 August 2016 22:21:41 UTC+1, luvspython wrote:

I’m using Python 2.7 and wxPython 3.0.3.dev2323+9bcccff on Windows 10

Pdfviewer creates exceptions in viewer.py when any button is clicked on buttonpanel.py if no PDF file has been loaded yet.

I have modified the button panel so all the controls are initially disabled until a PDF file has been specified and loaded and I’m creating a pull request to wxWidgets/Phoenix.