Missing menu icons in wx/GTK3+ based apps on Fedora 32

This is more a request for confirmation, than asking how to solve (but if there is a solution, it would be very welcomed :slight_smile: ).
I searched the Internet and found that menus icons have been disabled by default, on this link.

I tested several demo programs and never get to see the menu icons. For example in this demo.

I am using Python 3.8.5 and wxPython 4.0.7 and 4.1.0, on Fedora 32, with KDE Plasma 5.
Here is the KDE configuration manager (language is Portuguese) for GTK2:

And for GTK3:

Please some confirm if this is happening on your system, thanks.

I missed them too. Not a KDE user, but both on Mint 20 (Mate) with gtk2 and gtk3 and Raspbian with gtk3 they are also not shown by default. There are configuration interfaces for them though (Customize Look and Feel under Raspbian and Appearance Preferences in Mate).

Point being is: it’s not wxPython’s fault, but hopefully there is some kind of “gtk3 configurator” tool that can be used to do that in Plasma.

Yes, it’s a global Gnome/GTK option, and most distros these days seem to be defaulting to turning it off. It’s been a very long while since I’ve tried to change it, but I think the gconf tool is what I used to do it.