c++ level assertion error in pyplot

When I run the PyPlot demo I get an C++ level assertion error:

/tmp/build/80754af9/wxpython_1533092551369/work/ext/wxWidgets/src/gtk/dcclient.cpp(2038): assert “m_window” failed in DoGetSize(): GetSize() doesn’t work without window

This happens only on GTK (wxpython-4.0.3). The script continues but I am wondering what should be done to solve this issue.

Look for a place where a DC might be used before the window is fully created. On wxGTK platforms the UI portion of a window or widget is not actually created at the same time that the C++ object is created. This is because of the asynchronous nature of X windows communication between the application and the display server. The UI part of the object may not actually be created until the first time that the widget is exposed.

···

On Monday, January 28, 2019 at 4:06:58 AM UTC-8, ckkart@gmail.com wrote:

When I run the PyPlot demo I get an C++ level assertion error:

/tmp/build/80754af9/wxpython_1533092551369/work/ext/wxWidgets/src/gtk/dcclient.cpp(2038): assert “m_window” failed in DoGetSize(): GetSize() doesn’t work without window

This happens only on GTK (wxpython-4.0.3). The script continues but I am wondering what should be done to solve this issue.

Robin