NODE-RED style flow diagram/ OGL?

I already posted on the google groups list …

What I am basically looking for is a canvas on which I can build workflows by moving and connecting nodes (represented by bmps on that canvas) with a “ribbon”-like wiring (much like patch cables).

I remembered the OGL example (Miscellaneous->OGL) in the demos, but I do not see any further documentation especially on the “wiring” or more examples when googling …
All stuff on OGL I find is VERY old … and old-looking …

Simply put: I need to put bitmaps on a canvas, move them around with attached cables (ideally w/ an arrow) stuck to them and be able to detach these cables as well. (Yes: like node-red :wink: )

I would of course welcome something more “modern-looking” or with extended features like resizing the elements on the canvas etc … so it does not have to be OGL …

Is it possible something almost “essential” in today’s technological development, technology and trends (UOT, etc.) has not been implemented, updated or some example code posted?

Anybody out there w/ exampes/ links/ hints?

Cheers,

the_shelter

I’d be interested to know how people do 2D graphics with wxPython (apart from painting a device context) too.