No "pythonw" in 3.8.2?

I’m trying to upgrade my application to python 3.8.2 from 3.7.6 (because of some compatibility issues). I’m also using wxPython 4.1 and OSX 10.15.4. I keep getting the following error…

This program needs access to the screen. Please run with a
Framework build of python, and only when you are logged in
on the main display of your Mac.

I’ve downloaded and installed python 3.8.2 from the official site (I’m assuming that is a “framework” version). Also, I’ve read that using “pythonw” is no longer necessary, and in any case the only pythonw I can find on my system runs python 3.7, not 3.8.

Where am I going wrong?
Thanks
Eric

Not sure, but here are some things to check:

1. Be sure that when you run python from the command line that it is running the python you expect (the one from the stock Python install). If your path has some other Python before the stock Python then it will be run instead.

2. If you are using virtualenv to create a virtual Python installation, don’t. It hides the framework portions of the Python that it is virtualizing. Instead, use python -m venv to make your virtual environments. The pyenv tool has similar problems, but you can tell it to make framework compatible environments with some extra flags.