MQTT flow style with "wires/ ribbons" (OGL?)

Hi,

after almost 10 years I am back on the mailing list. I have just recently done some work on a workflow-tool.
Now I want to introduce the ability to connect/ disconnect i.e. workfow 1 and worflow 2.
Each workflow is a series of operations on a file. By connecting workflows I want to intriduce the ability to have the output of i.e. workflow 1 be the input of workflow 2.

So what I am basically looking for is a canvas on which I can move and connect worflows (represented by bmps on that canvas) with a “ribbon”-like wiring (much like patch cables).

I remembered the OGL example (Miscellaneous->OGL) in the demos, but I do not see any further documentation especially on the “wiring” or more examples when googling …

Simply put: I need to put bitmaps on a canvas, move them around with attached cables (ideally w/ an arrow) stuck to them and be able to detach these cables as well.

I would of course welcome something more “modern-looking” or with extended features like resizing the elements on the canvas etc … so it does not have to be OGL …

Anybody out there w/ exampes/ links/ hints?

Cheers,

the_shelter

···

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “wxPython-users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to wxpython-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wxpython-users/6195a42d-aa00-4f5d-8fdd-b2054f461800%40googlegroups.com.

Oh- I meant NODE-RED- style - not MQTT, of course :slight_smile:

···

Am Freitag, 2. August 2019 16:21:06 UTC+2 schrieb the_shelter:

Hi,

after almost 10 years I am back on the mailing list. I have just recently done some work on a workflow-tool.
Now I want to introduce the ability to connect/ disconnect i.e. workfow 1 and worflow 2.
Each workflow is a series of operations on a file. By connecting workflows I want to intriduce the ability to have the output of i.e. workflow 1 be the input of workflow 2.

So what I am basically looking for is a canvas on which I can move and connect worflows (represented by bmps on that canvas) with a “ribbon”-like wiring (much like patch cables).

I remembered the OGL example (Miscellaneous->OGL) in the demos, but I do not see any further documentation especially on the “wiring” or more examples when googling …

Simply put: I need to put bitmaps on a canvas, move them around with attached cables (ideally w/ an arrow) stuck to them and be able to detach these cables as well.

I would of course welcome something more “modern-looking” or with extended features like resizing the elements on the canvas etc … so it does not have to be OGL …

Cheers,

the_shelter

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “wxPython-users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to wxpython-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wxpython-users/df63e670-cff6-4d11-83ae-048a6595fdd7%40googlegroups.com.

You could use wx.lib.floatcanvas to build this – particularly if you want it to be zoom and scrollable.

So what I am basically looking for is a canvas on which I can move and connect workflows (represented by bmps on that canvas) with a “ribbon”-like wiring (much like patch cables).

you will need to write the “draw a nice ribbon” code yourself, and the logid oconnect, disconnect. And any auto-layout, if you want that.

In short, all its giveing you is the rendering and mouse event capturing.

I would of course welcome something more “modern-looking” or with extended features like resizing the elements on the canvas etc

well, as for modern, floatcanvwas could use some help – at least the buttons on the built-in navigation toolbar are really old! PR’s excepted :slight_smile:

Hmm – it looks like the FloatCanvas Demos didn’t make it into the Phoenix source, but they are still there in the old SVN repo:

http://svn.wxwidgets.org/svn/wx/wxPython/3rdParty/FloatCanvas/Demos/

Those are pretty old and crufty, so if you want to test them an report issues (Or fix them!) – lee me know, I’ll setup a gitHub repo for them somewhere.

-CHB

···

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
NOAA/NOS/OR&R (206) 526-6959 voice
7600 Sand Point Way NE (206) 526-6329 fax
Seattle, WA 98115 (206) 526-6317 main reception

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov

Thank you Chris,

ugh: the changelog is fom 2008 and the todo list from 2010 :frowning:
Seems like it definitely could use some brushing up on …
I will test the (Python2-) demos and report back changes and pitfalls I crossed …

Cheers

···

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wxpython-users/8a20e91c-5afa-4f7a-8520-794e2b78d8d5%40googlegroups.com.

You could use wx.lib.floatcanvas to build this – particularly if you want it to be zoom and scrollable.

So what I am basically looking for is a canvas on which I can move and connect workflows (represented by bmps on that canvas) with a “ribbon”-like wiring (much like patch cables).

you will need to write the “draw a nice ribbon” code yourself, and the logid oconnect, disconnect. And any auto-layout, if you want that.

In short, all its giveing you is the rendering and mouse event capturing.

I would of course welcome something more “modern-looking” or with extended features like resizing the elements on the canvas etc

well, as for modern, floatcanvwas could use some help – at least the buttons on the built-in navigation toolbar are really old! PR’s excepted :slight_smile:

Hmm – it looks like the FloatCanvas Demos didn’t make it into the Phoenix source, but they are still there in the old SVN repo:

http://svn.wxwidgets.org/svn/wx/wxPython/3rdParty/FloatCanvas/Demos/

Those are pretty old and crufty, so if you want to test them an report issues (Or fix them!) – lee me know, I’ll setup a gitHub repo for them somewhere.

-CHB

Cheers,

the_shelter

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wxpython-users/df63e670-cff6-4d11-83ae-048a6595fdd7%40googlegroups.com.

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
NOAA/NOS/OR&R (206) 526-6959 voice
7600 Sand Point Way NE (206) 526-6329 fax
Seattle, WA 98115 (206) 526-6317 main reception

Chris...@noaa.gov

···

Am Montag, 5. August 2019 21:50:51 UTC+2 schrieb Chris Barker:

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wxpython-users/3c12aadd-266e-430c-9e85-a3b9ab8df143%40googlegroups.com.