How to scale image to a sizer slot/child

I have some images I want to display but I need to scale them to fit the frame (well the area in a nested sizer). I also want the images to auto-scale (keeping aspect ratio) to the available space provided by the sizer (as the window size is changed).

I’m using opencv and sci-kit/numpy to do scaling and setting a bitmap with wx.Bitmap.FromBuffer() and then setting the static bitmap (native or generic) with SetBitmap()

frame = cv.resize( frame, None, fx=0.5, fy=0.5 )
    height, width = frame.shape[ : 2 ]
    bmp = wx.Bitmap.FromBuffer( width, height, frame )        
    self.raw_genericstaticbitmap.SetBitmap( bmp )

I’m not sure if there are any issues with the above and whether I’d be better off using wx.Image to do the scaling.

Either way, I need to find someway to get the dimensions of the sizer slots to figure out the scaling values.

How do I do this?

I’ve tried looking at Size, MinSize, ClientSize, VirtualSize, EffectiveMinSize of the static bitmap widget, and even the containing sizer items, but none of the those values seem to change when I resize the frame.

Note the sizer may have multiple children (static bitmaps) to display multiple images, and the proportion is set to 1 so they get equal weighting during resize.

Maybe there is a simpler way altogether ?

Thanks, Brendan.

When you add an item to a sizer the return value is a wx.SizerItem, or you can get the item later with sizer methods like GetChildren, GetItemById, etc. The SizerItem object has methods/properties that will give you the position and size that the sizer has allocated for that item.