DataViewCtrl - drop between lines (phoenix on OSX)

Hi,

on OSX the DataViewCtrl allows to drop an item between two lines. In that case the drop target is the parent item. I would need to be able to distinguish whether the item is actually dropped on the parent or in between two lines of its children. Is there are way to do that? On MSW it is not possible to drop between two lines, so the problem does not exist there, I do not know about linux.

(I am unable to attach anything. Is this a restriction of google groups?)

Regards, Christian

In the meanwhile I did some tests on linux. As
with OSX it is possible to drop between the lines but it correctly yields a different drop target item depending on where it is dropped.

A running sample can be found on SO:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54204598/wxpython-dataviewctrl-correctly-identify-drop-target

Christian

···

El miércoles, 16 de enero de 2019, 14:20:56 (UTC-3), ckk...@gmail.com escribió:

Hi,

on OSX the DataViewCtrl allows to drop an item between two lines. In that case the drop target is the parent item. I would need to be able to distinguish whether the item is actually dropped on the parent or in between two lines of its children. Is there are way to do that? On MSW it is not possible to drop between two lines, so the problem does not exist there, I do not know about linux.

(I am unable to attach anything. Is this a restriction of google groups?)

Regards, Christian